Christmas In July was the theme of this month's quilt club. We intended to work on a UFO Christmas Project for ourselves. We also continued to work on the Quilts of Valor/Hospice for Peggy.
Show and tell for this month
Patty is also working on a Pat Sloan Mystery Quilt. Nice job.
Since our theme was Christmas in July, we made a Christmas meal. Turkey and gravy, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and Deb's salad (Recipe to be added and don't remember the name).
Cloverleaf Quilter’s Group Project 2017
Each member will create a quilt from chosen focus fabric. Each quilt club member will contribute two 12.5 inch blocks (12 inch finished) for each of the participants.
This project will be completed in one year from date of start.
- Start with a 3 yard length of focus fabric of your choosing.
- If you want this to be your border cut them first and mark so it doesn’t get used during the journey.
- I suggest cutting three strips at 4.5, 5.5 or 6.5 from the length, 324 inches. This should be more than enough for a big quilt.
- Next, if you want to want to have a more controlled quilt, not scrappy, I would suggest adding some contrast fabrics from your stash. If not the next person will make blocks using what they have in their stash. You should not buy fabric for this project. Work with what you have.
- The first set of blocks will set the tone of the quilt and the owner will make the first two blocks for their quilt.
- Boxes will be provided at the September meeting; you will take it home with you and create your first two blocks.
- You will have until the next quilt club to create two 12.5 inch (finishing at 12 inches) blocks out of the fabrics.
- Each month we will continue to pass the box following the order on your box. The next person will then create the next two blocks.
- There will be no show and tell. A diary will be provided in the box to document the project. (Why you chose the blocks, fabric, colors, any comments about the blocks already created, etc.)
- When all 8 members have completed the blocks, you will have the pleasure of completing your quilt. You can do whatever you want.
- Make it bigger by making more blocks
- Just add borders
- We will then have the last few months to complete any extra blocks, borders, and quilting.
The following dates have been selected for the club meetings. If you are not able to make that meeting, you will make arrangements to get the box to the next person on the list.
No December meeting