Saturday, July 20, 2013

July 2013-2nd meet up

Here's our progress on our Special Olympics' quilt.  This is the view I had coming down the steps to Rhonda's sewing room.  One border on.
Our progress is all four pieced borders and top and bottom plain border.  We decided to make a scrappy binding too, so we worked on that as well.

I think this is going to be a very pretty quilt.  Peggy said it is her favorite so far!
Rhonda is laying out the outer border for the side.

And it's show and tell time!  This is Peggy's Easy Street mystery.  Rhonda quilted it with the Stars and Banner panto and it turned out absolutely beautiful!



Rhonda did the scalloped edge on this.  We can't wait to see it all finished.  She drew a line with the ruler, put the binding on and then cut.  All that is left is to sew the binding down to the back. 

 Peggy used a pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company for this cute quilt.  Go Jets!

Peggy also made two cute bags.  She wanted to keep the red one, but a sister is having a birthday.  Funny how that works. 


 This is my Mod Pop for my daughter's new baby due in August.


 And the back.   I put feathers in the circles and along the blue pathway.

This is a little table topper I made using a charm pack that I won.  My favorite fabric designer-Kate Spain's Central Park

Rhonda's really nice beach bag.  I think we all want to make one of these now!

 Here is the work crew for today-Cathy, Rhonda, Peggy and me.  I am the one behind the camera!


We had fun food again, as always-Cowboy Caviar, ham and chicken salad, lettuce, tomatoes and rolls, cucumber salad with crackers, chips with dip, and brownies.  We always go away with full tummies!

Our next get together will be August 24.  Hope everyone can  make it!

No comments: