Saturday, November 30, 2013

November 2013

Welcome to the November meeting of Cloverleaf Quilt Club.  We were greeted by Rhonda wearing a Christmas present made by Sue.  She made Rhonda a pin keeper out of Hurry Down the Chimney.  She artistically embellished it with thread art.  If you want some of this fabric of your own, I found some.  Check the link.  What a fun and creative gift!


Sue is making Christmas aprons with the fabric.  I bet they have a Christmas filled with laughs.
 Here are our show and tells.  Up first is a kit that Sue bought in Lewes, Delaware.  The center is a panel and the rest is pieced.  It is even prettier in person.
 This is a quilt top that I am making for a little girl for Christmas.  I think she loves Ariel!
 This is a breast cancer quilt I made for my DIL's cousin.  The young lady is only 28.
 Linda finished her tumbler quilt and the best part of this quilt, to me, is the label.

 This is made out of her grandson's onesie.  How clever is that??
Rhonda has this Patriots quilt to bind and one of the frame to finish quilting.  All different and all pretty.

The food was great this month, as usual.  Deb made her wonderful barbecue, Sue brought chicken corn soup, Peggy brought fruit with strawberry cream cheese dip, I brought a port wine cheese ball and crackers, and Rhonda made some decadent brownies with creme brulee topping.

Sue worked on her lecherous aprons (just kidding) and the rest of us worked on our Celtic Solstice Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  Linda, Rhonda and Peggy are sticking with Bonnie's colors.  I am switching the yellow out for pink, and Deb is totally changing the colors.  I can't wait to see how different they all turn out!

We won't be meeting next month.  Our annual Christmas get together will be in January.  I think we are looking at January 11.  Details will follow via emails.

I hope everyone has a very Happy Christmas!  See you in 2014!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic quilts. Just bought the xmas fabric online thru fabric.com. Had a good time yesterday,any.

Linda said...

Fantastic quilts. Just bought the, xmas fabric from fabric.com.

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are all beautiful - must be a labor of love for all the time it must take to fabricate and complete.

Linda said...

The quilts are beautiful and oi love the quilting on the back of Kinleys. That little girl sees fabric at my house and will point it out to me that it is her fabric because it's in one of her quilts. Have been in bed all day, no sewing today. I missed being at the club, I was really looking forward to it last week