Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 2016

Happy New Year! 

Our first quilt club of 2016.  We were delayed a week by record snow storm Jonas.  In Dover we got 31 inches of snow and I think the amounts were similar for our quilt club members.  It took them three days to plow our neighborhood.  So it was nice to finally get out of the house and do something fun.

Sheree has made great progress on her medallion quilt.  It is looking really pretty.  She is ready for the star applique border.


She finished her wine quilt for her daughter and son in law.  

She used that fun wine fabric for the backing.

Linda's half square triangle quilt is finished.
 I made two of Bonnie Hunter's Allietare mystery quilt.  This one is almost in her colors.  I was using my own colors, but fell in love with the blocks I was seeing in her colors so decided to make two.  This one is for Elijah to use when snuggling in front of the TV.
 This is the back where I used orphan blocks, sheets and random fabric.  Elijah told me today that this is his favorite part.
 This is Allietare in my colors.  I really stepped outside of my box with this. I made it larger-more of a king size.  The one above I made about half the size of hers.
 This is Sue's Kaffe Fassett quilt.  I just love his fabrics and this quilt made with them is amazing.
 Rhonda has another winning quilt.  I think she said this one was two years in the making.  It was a leader/ender project.

This is a block of the month Lynette Jennings' quilt that Rhonda made.  It is in fact the second one of these.

Linda made some of the shopping totes for her family.  That is the Eiffel Tower on the fabric to remind them of their France trip.

 Rhonda made another T shirt quilt-this time for her daughter Carrie.  She is definitely quite the pro at these now.

We had a small group today-Rhonda, Linda, Sue, Sheree and I.  We missed the rest of you.  Sue did some embroidery for Sheree, Linda was working on her bags, Rhonda worked on scrap triangle squares and  I just did a little bit of knitting.

We had chicken, chicken noodle soup, Puerto Rican Rice, and chips and dips to eat.

Next month, February 27, Rhonda has a make and take for us.  We couldn't get any hints from her about what it is, except that it is no sew and maybe Christmas.  Here are her instructions about what we need:

 4 strips of fabric of two contrasting colors measuring 3 X 14.

Iron them in half lengthwise (wrong side together) creating a center fold.
Then refold the centerfold and iron again.   There will be four strips with the raw edges folded inside.

Last, but not least, here is our virtual show and tell-mostly Christmas gifts already gifted.

Snowman wreath that Patty made.
 Pea coats that I knitted for my three youngest grandsons.

Christmas quilts that Cathy made for her grand kids.


Double Irish chain I made for my aunt.

Here is a close-up of the quilting.  This turned out pretty nice for this type of quilt.


This is a Mine Craft quilt Cathy made for her grandson Kevin

 And the back showing the quilting, done by Jo at Smile Spinners.
This blanket Cathy made for her grand dog Lego!
And that is all for this month.  The fonts and everything changed when I copied Rhonda's instructions and I am too tired to try to figure out how to fix it.  Sorry if it is difficult to read.

No comments: