Sunday, October 27, 2013

October 2013

Wow-can you believe how quickly this year has gone by?  Rhonda told us that next month marks our 10th Anniversary.  The years have flown by too.  I am so grateful that I have had this little quilt club to come to for most of those 10 years.

Linda, you look quizzical here.  I wonder what you were thinking about?  This is Linda's tumbler quilt.  Who is still working on theirs?  This is one quilt that I believe we have all made.  
 We have two marathoners this month!  They have been super productive with their crafts.

Up first is Peggy.  She is modeling her knitted and crocheted items.  We all wanted to be on  her Christmas list!  I will let the pictures speak for themselves.






 This is Peggy's fall colored Jelly Roll Race quilt.
 And her green one.  See what I mean about marathoner?

 Cathy is making Christmas placemats.  She shared how they were made with us.  Someone is going to have a pretty Christmas table this year.
 Here is our other marathoner this month!  Rhonda made another bag-great fabric for the bag style again.
 Rhonda's Jelly Roll Race quilt all done.  The borders really set this quilt off.  Perfect!
 This is one of four Patriot's quilt Rhonda is making.  This is a really interesting pattern.  Linda-I would like a copy of this.  Don't bother mailing it to me-I can get it next club date.
 This is another Bonnie Hunter quilt-a rectangle trip around the world.  I forget the name.  Rhonda made this totally random and scrappy.  The picture doesn't do it justice.
 Another Patriot qult.

 And another in the opposite colorway.
 A cute, quick Christmas quilt made with 2 1/2 inch strips.
 And another Christmas quilt.
 Deb had a couple of tops to share.  Love this log cabin baby quilt.  Such pretty colors.

 Deb's Jelly Roll Race in colors that remind me of Christmas.

Here are some of us hard at work.  Sheree stopped in today too, so we were all here!



Next month, November 9th, we are going to get together for a road trip.
We are meeting at 8 AM at Rhonda's house and heading to some quilt shops.  Should be fun!  See you then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how much I got done this month. I have been working from home and that really helps. I have one more Patriots quilt top to finish and then onto quilting.

Rhonda

Peg said...

10 years ago Linda asked me to join the quilt club, and it was the best thing I have done. I met and became friends with 7 talented, caring, fun loving women. The friendship has enriched my life and challenged my sewing and quilting skills. I have learned so much more about quilting and in the process have made some beautiful projects. I hope we are all around in 10 years to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Happy Anniversary Ladies!!!!

Peg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.